Below, the SS ZAMBEZIA, which was the supply ship for the Chagos Archipelago in from 1934 – 1951. ZAMBEZIA was built in Middlesbrough, England, and launched in 1903. She was a steel single-screw steamer; 1281 Tons; Length 220 ft; Breadth 33 ft; Depth 10.9 ft.
Owned by Rogers & Co. (Colonial Steamships Co., Ltd) of Port Louis Mauritius. Scrapped and broken up in Karachi, June, 1951. Replaced by MV MAURITIUS.