The Wappen Von Hamburg was built in the Deichtor shipyard in Hamburg by a Dutch shipbuilding master.
The construction work started in spring of 1667 when the keel was laid down.
The wood work was finished in 1668. The armaments were installed, and the ship took up service in 1669.
The sculpture work was done under the guidance of master carver Christian Precht.
Wapen von Hamburg was a Hanseatic city of Hamburg fourth-rate ship that was launched in 1669.
She was built to escort merchant ships sailing from Hamburg and protect them against piracy. In 1683, Wapen von Hamburg was inadvertently burned in Cadiz.
However, Wappen von Hamburg is a former German seaport ship. Wapen von Hamburg in 1955 by HADAG Seetouristik und Fährdienst AG. Therefore, it was the first of three ships bearing this name (of which the third Wappen von Hamburg, Wappen in 1965, was the best known). She was built for the Helgoland ferry service.