Waarschip 570 sailboat is the name of a boat yard in the Netherlands. Sailing boats originally developed there .
Since the closure of the original ship yard in the late 1990s, various boat makers have marketed or marketed their products under this brand.
Waarschip 570 sailboat shipyard was founded in 1963 by Willem J. Akkerman and Klaas T. Kremer in the Dutch village of t’Waar near Delfzijl.
The hull was basically manufactured by Waarschip. However, there were also shipyards that built them under license, for example the Danish shipyard Dantec Marine.
First the Waarschip 725 – also known as “Quarttonner” (quarter tonner). Moreover, the Waarschip 1010 made a name for itself as a fast regatta ship.
All the above, there are three generations of these Waarschips, apart from individual builds in the multihull range. Firstly, In the first generation, the still very round W 600, W 725 (quarter-ton) and W 870 (half-ton) were built. Secondly, were followed later by the much more angular types W 570, W 660 and W 730. Finally, there was the generation of boats first built in the 1980s, such as the W 1010. From 1978 onwards, mahogany hulls were only available at extra cost. At the same time, also as an extra, a coating with epoxy resin was offered.