Friesland Size 1
Dimension: Length 80 x Width 35 x Height 74 cm
Grade B / Quality Superior
Construction of the boat:
- We place a double layer of plank on the hull, Teak wood.
- Decks made with small planks of Oak wood.
- Masts and the other pieces on the deck are made Teak, Acajou and Beech wood.
- Sculptures, anchors, and canons are molded in Zinc metal and painted.
- The Cotton sails tinted in tea.
- Ropes are cotton and nylon waxed in the bee wax to do the rigging.
The “Friesland Waterline Model Ship” was a second rank vessel with 80 guns built around 1663. Moreover, Friesland was part of the great fleet of the United Provinces of Holland.
Therefore, The boat consisting of 1700 units, In 1672, flanked by 77 vessels under the command of De Ruyter’s.
In addition, the admiral-ship “Zeven Provincien”, it took part in the battle of Solebay with the allied Anglo-French forces.
She was reconstruction has been carried out on the grounds of a reliable Dutch documentation. The model in French “Maquette de bateau”, distinguishes itself for the particular refinement. As a result of the poop decorations and for the superstructures of the decks.
However, On 10 October 2016, Holland was deployed around Haiti, to help after the impact of Hurricane Mathew. Finally, In July 2018, the crew of HNLMS Holland ended a three-month drug patrol in the Dutch Caribbean. The operation was part of Operation Caribbean Venture, under the overall command of the Royal Netherlands Navy.
In conclusion, Holland‘s sister ship “Maquette de bateau” was replaced the vessel in the Caribbean.
“Maquette de bateau” in French. Ship Model Handcrafted by La flotte Ltée- Bobato.
|Dimensions||90 × 45 × 84 cm|