No products in the cart.
Brick Negrier Size 3
Dimension: Length 115 x Width 40 x Height 76 cm.
Grade A / Museum Quality.
Construction of the boat:
- We place a double layer of plank on the hull with Teak wood.
- Deck made with small planks of Oak wood.
- Masts and all pieces on the deck are made with Teak, Acajou and Rose wood.
- Cannons are turning in Solid Brass.
- Anchors are molded in Zinc metal and painted.
- The cotton sails tinted in tea.
- Ropes are cotton and nylon waxed in the bee wax to do the rigging.
Brick Négrier Ship Model
In spite of the official abolition of slavery by the Vienne treaty of 1815, the trade of Negroes continued until the middle of the 19th Century into the French colonies.
The slave dealers had to imagine ships capable of escaping from the watch-ships.
The Ouragan was one of these Brick Négrier Ship Model, which according to its thin shape and its jab-joint hull, could be both swift and easy to handle, and became one of the swiftest carrier of slaves in the 19th century.
A slave ship or slaver is a ship or vessel that for part of its time, transported black slaves (known as “negroes”) for trade.
However, it was a matter of deporting Africans to the North or South American coasts. The ships and their crews, the cargoes and the capital came from all over the continent.
Nevertheless, Brick Négrier Ship Model transport of slaves was part of the triangular trade. Therefore, no such thing as a slave ship, nor is there a specific model of ship.
All the above, this craft was not designed for transport, or even for the human trade. Indeed, Very few ships were specially built for the trade.
Brick Négrier “Maquette Bateau”
|Dimensions||100 × 39 × 72 cm|