La Flotte Ltd. (BOBATO) Specialized in manufacturing and sell models Boats worldwide.
BOBATO exists since 1992, found in the center of Mauritius Island in Curepipe which known as one of the manufacturers of model boats. We have a wide range of historical models (Frigate) and we offer modern custom models also, packaging made by experienced packers and we ship worldwide, the price of delivery, depending on the weight and the size of the colis and the Country.
As we are here for the needs of customers. Read More
BOBATO WOODEN MODELS BOATS HANDCRAFTED
BY OUR TALENTED ARTISANS LOCALLY IN MAURITIUS ISLAND.
TITANICTitanic was 882 feet 9 inches (269.06 m) long with a maximum breadth of 92 feet 6 inches (28.19 ...
ASTROLABEAstrolabe was a horse barge converted to an exploration ship of the French Navy and was origina ...
SANTA MARIAThe Santa Maria was Christopher Columbus? flagship on his first voyage to the New World.
CUTTY SARKCutty Sark is a British clipper ship. Built on the River Clyde in 1869 for the Jock Willis Ship ...
ABOUT THE CONSTRUCTION OF OUR MODELS BOATS
1) The skeleton of the boats are cut from plywood.
2) We fix a first layer of planks one by one on the skeleton of the boats.
3) For the models boats painted with acrylic paint we place a layer of fiberglass on the first layer of planks.
4) For certain models boats varnish we place a second layer planks on the hull.
5) The models boats which we fix only one layer planks on the skeleton of the boat, the planks thicker, with copper nails or copper plates below the waterline.
6) The wood we use in our model boats such as Teak, Rosewood, Mahogany, Oak, Iroko and Natte wood.
7) The sails and ropes are cotton and nylon.
8) The ornaments are moulded in zinc metal and painted.
9) For certain model boats we use wooden sculptures.
10) The turning parts in brass and wooden such as Rigging Adjusters, Winches for Classic Yacht , Antique Cannons, Caronades for historical boats, Wooden Deadeyes, Rudder Wheels, Marine Compass, Anchor Windlass, Wooden Capstan, Buoy and Helices etc ...
The construction of the model boat Le Rhône, which has a twin sister La Loire
"I am pleased to inform you that the ship model Mercator has well arrived at destination in Netherland. Congratulations with the professional packing.
Best regards, Jenny Clark"
"Oui, nous avons apprécié notre séjour en votre merveilleuse ile Maurice. J'ai tenu à faire un passage à Curepipe, afin de vous rendre visite. Ca a été l'occasion de visiter votre magasin Bobato et ses ateliers de montage : superbe! "
"Nous sommes bien arrivés en France avec la maquette du Brick Négrier, sans aucun dommage. Elle est du plus bel effet sur notre cheminée, et nous vous remercions de l'excellent travail ainsi que de l'emballage. "- On More Client, The Company
Copyright 2018 La Flotte ltee. All rights reserved - Designed by COMPNet Ltd